I bought two things through paypal, and they're both virtual services, and I never recieved either of them.

Belton, SC |

I have more info on this if someone was able to contact me. What do I need to do about getting my money back?

Paypal said that they couldn't give me my money because it was a virtual service, and that I'd have to get a lawyer to get my money back.

1. You explored the first avenue of recovery, and Paypal is not going to act. The next step is to consult an attorney and see what it will cost to recover or force the services.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. It will be a cost/benefit analysis and you will have to make a decision. Did I lose enough money so that it is worth it to hire and attorney and pursue a claim. Then, assuming you get a judgment, you are half-way there. You then have to collect on the judgment. For a problem with paypal and virtual service, I would not limit myself to a South carolina lawyer - use a search engine to contact attorneys that focus on internet consumer issues and paypal specifically. You might get someone with experiencing your exact issue.

If this answer was, in any way, helpful - please click a positive feedback below. This is a general discussion about legal questions and not a legal consultation. No attorney/client relationship exists. For a specific answer and advice on your specific legal matter, you should arrange a consultation with a practicing attorney.