I bought shoes online and they don't fit. Is the seller legally required to exchange them or refund the money?

Asked about 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

The seller is Zulily, a so-called "flash sale site" that has items on sale for a short period of time.

1. Michael Thomas Smith

2

Answered . This is more of a question as to what you agreed to when you purchased from an online store, what policies that store has established and whether you clicked on any terms and conditions as part of the puchase process. However, I would first look at the online store's website for information on return policies. It appears that Zulily can process returns on certain items (they list restrictions on intimate apparel or personalized items).

I would recommend that you contact the online store's customer service department to explain the circumstances and request information on a return. Most online stores want to ensure that their customers have a positive experience and can often find a way to satisfy their customers. Generally, a polite email or phone call to the online store will help this process towards an amicable solution.

2. Saphronia R Young

Answered . I agree with Mr. Smith. However, if you feel that the sizing of the shoe is absolutely wrong...for example, you buy shoes of different brands frequently and you are ALWAYS a size 7, and this shoe doesn't even approach fitting, you could argue that they were mislabeled or mis-sized. When a product has an actual defect, you can say that as a consumer of this "good" you seasonably (promptly) rejected them when the first opportunity to inspect them arose. If you immediately request a return, then the merchant should accept the return and refund your money. You can search the legislative website for "uniform commercial code" or "UCC" at http://www.leg.wa.gov and review the provisions for rejection of goods...just for fun and for future use!

3. Saphronia R Young