I bought a used car from a used car lot and later found that it was involved in 2 wrecks. What can I do?

Victoria, TX |

I bought a used car from a local used car dealer and just found out it was in 2 different wrecks. Can I return the car? It has been 6 days since the purchase. I am in Texas

We would need more information to determine your best route. A couple of things to consider:

- Was there an "as-is" clause in the contract?
- What representations were made about the car by the dealership?

That being said, contacting an attorney that does deceptive trade practice work will be a good first step. Get all the facts surrounding the transaction together, including the answers to the two above questions, and seek an attorney.

Best of luck.

You need a lawyer immediately. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for you.

Read your contract to see what disclosures are in the fine print and if there is an "as is" clause. Also, do a little research. What is the "blue book" value for the same car without prior damage? Was the sales price considerably less for you?

Take the above information to a lawyer in your area that practices consumer law or who does contract, fraud, or deceptive trade practices cases.

More information is necessary to determine the answer to your question, like what warranty was given, and did you have an opportunity to discover this information before you entered into the agreement.

I am an attorney licensed to practice in Texas, Louisiana and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and the above may not be an accurate assessment of the laws for your area. The above should be taken as general guidance and not specific legal advice. For specific legal advice you should seek a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction practicing in the area specific to your issue. The above does not constitute or establish an attorney client relationship. If you wish to receive specific advice about your legal issue, then contact my office to schedule a personal consultation.

Business topics