Skip to main content

I bought a used car and the man never would give me title

Daytona Beach, FL |
Filed under: Vehicle title

my car got totaled and the man I bought it from never gave me title,how do I get payment from insurance company

my friend was driving my car a woman hit her and totaled my car.i have no title and the insurance company said they do not have to pay me for my car

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Is there any way you can get in touch with the person who sold you the car? If not consult an attorney to investigate the incident and protect your rights.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Without a title, the car is not yours. You need to get the title and pay the sales tax, etc. Maybe you will need to sue the seller.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


Get that title ASAP!

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


Best bet is to call the seller.

Vehicle title topics

Recommended articles about Vehicle title

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer