I bought a house for 45k paying 450 a month the man is trying to take the house back all payments made on time.

Asked over 1 year ago - Mesquite, TX

I did research and found out he has done this to 2 prior people before me what are my options I no longer want the house but still making payments.

1. Robert Neil Newton

Pro

1

Answered . You should contact a real estate attorney well in advance of the seller taking any final action.

2. Cheryl Rivera Smith

Answered . Have you received the benefit of living in the house? How long? What are other properties renting for in the area? Did you make a down payment? Have you made improvements to the house? These are all questions you need to answer in making your claim. Depending on the answers, it may or may not make sense to make a claim against the seller. Best of luck.

3. Kevin Matthew Koel

Pro

Answered . You should go see a real estate attorney to review your documents and discuss your options further. You may have a contract for deed or a disguised lease to purchase, but fortunately, buyers have many rights regarding these type of transactions. If you do not want the property, one option could be to just to deed the property back, but you would want to get a release of the promissory note and deed of trust to remove any possible liability. Go see an attorney before taking any action.

4. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

Answered . As my colleagues indicate, you should consult a local real estate attorney ASAP.