I bought a car on Friday 062113 and returned it on 062213 company will not give my money back

Rochester, NY |
Filed under: Consumer protection

I was supposed to pick car up Friday 2:00 pm when I got there car was not ready was told there was an emission issue and would not pass inspection was told car was ready at 5:30 or so picked up car was told I would have to bring back later that week to make sure of emission drove around went to hit horn, no horn, turned on radio, no radio, after riding for 20 minutes knocking under car place closed returned car at 9:00 am, waited 2 hrs issues not resolved told to come back Monday, 062413 went back told dealer I do not want the car says too bad I already spent the money you can get off my lot, this is your car which is still not ready, or he would call cops, asked dealer to be reasonable and work out something else says no left car told dealer not taking car want my money

New or used car? Consult a local lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

You should contact a local attorney that specializes in consumer law. For a list of experienced consumer law attorneys by state, click on the following link: www.UsLemonLawyers.com. Someone on there should be able to help you.

Best of luck,

Beth Wells
www.carsalesfraud.com
www.ohiolemonlaw.com
www.kentuckylemonlaw.com

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. If you need a Consumer Law attorney, click the link above to find a Consumer Law attorney near you.

Consumer protection topics