I borrowed money to pay for an in-laws funeral. My husbands siblings verbally agreed to each pay 45.00 a month for 4 years

Asked about 1 year ago - Birmingham, AL

Until loan was paid. As of this date I have paid the loan in full each month and can not get money from anyone.. Can I take them to small claims court?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John Crad Hubbard

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can take them to Small Claims court if amount is less than $3000. District Court is for $3000-$9999. Both have the same judges but small claims is a little more informal.

    Without a written agreement, it is going to be tough to prove a binding contract without an admission from the siblings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,496 answers this week

2,834 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,496 answers this week

2,834 attorneys answering