I blieve my ex-spouse is blackmailing me. I asked him to sign adoption paper and he never answered back.

Asked over 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

He was never part of my son's life. He is deliquent in child support and is abusive . He wrote me on facebook from someone else's account stating "This message is from a friend. You should of did it a couple of years ago when I wanted you to, but you were greedy and lied to me and did me wrong. If you really want those papers signed so bad. All I'm asking for is $15,000 to sign them. I already know your answer. So see you soon ". Do I have a chance of getting the adoption papers signed? Since clearly it all about money to him.

Do I need to get the police invovled?

1. Erin Patricia Farley

Answered . Hire an attorney and take this evidence with you!

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . Based just on what you have written here, this will not cause police interest or a criminal investigation or prosecution. But it may be very potent evidence in your family law and/or adoption proceeding.

3. Edna Carroll Straus

Answered . If I were a judge I would not admit such "evidence" for any purpose. It cannot be authenticated and proves nothing.If a judge decides to terminate biodad's parental rights--making his consent moot--it will be based on abandonment, not Facebook posts.