I bit a piece of rock from my burrito, can I sue?

Asked over 5 years ago - Westland, MI

I recently purchased a chimichanga out of the vending machine at my job. The item is from a well known company that sells mexican frozen food items. As I was chewining the item, I felt something very hard against my teeth, I spit the food out and noticed that there was a piece of quartz rock in my food about 1 cm long. Its a steak and cheese chimichanga so I have no idea how quartz rock would end up in this. Do I case? Also, a piece of my tooth chipped off from this.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Timothy J. Klisz


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . you have a case from a liability standpoint, assuming you still have the food and rock. Have you been to the dentist yet? I am handling a few of these cases right now and would be happy to discuss representing you. Please visit me at www.kliszlaw.com to discuss. Tim Klisz

  2. L. Maxwell Taylor

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I am not licensed in Michigan so the following is not intended as legal advice but for informational purposes only.

    You should contact a Michigan lawyer to evaluate your claim. If someone seeking legal advice in Vermont presented this fact pattern to me in Vermont, I would conclude he or she had a claim for damages against the manufacturer of the chimichanga, although the claim is small. You should also see a dentist about fixing your tooth, whether or not you determine to pursue a lawsuit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,338 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,338 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering