I believe I am a victim of libel by a Texas Court via District Clerk, what are the possible legal recourses?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

My dispute stems from a singular criminal proceeding in which the court reported false conviction to one crime I appealed and was acquitted and another charge which was discharged. Both of these violations are within the two year statute of limitations.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David N. Smith

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I don't understand your question. Could you re-state it?

    This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always... more
  2. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Talk with a civil rights attorney in your state but most likely the court (and its staff) is immune from any legal claims on these facts.

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,657 answers this week

2,835 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,657 answers this week

2,835 attorneys answering