I believe I am a victim of libel by a Texas Court via District Clerk, what are the possible legal recourses?

Austin, TX |

My dispute stems from a singular criminal proceeding in which the court reported false conviction to one crime I appealed and was acquitted and another charge which was discharged. Both of these violations are within the two year statute of limitations.

Talk with a civil rights attorney in your state but most likely the court (and its staff) is immune from any legal claims on these facts.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Thanks! Yoget a helpful vote. I know the law almost gives unlimited immunity to judicial officers with the exception of extreme circumstances(Bivens or a 1983 action), but was unsure if this extended to staff-or if they had to qualify for immunity.

I don't understand your question. Could you re-state it?

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

If an overturned conviction is erroneously reported as a current conviction by an agent of the court what is my legal recourse?