I been with my bf 3yrs. He renews his status yearly. What is the process I need to do to want to marry?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

He is now 25yrs old and renews his status yearly. He is from Honduras. Do I have to go through a specific process since I'm a citizen and he is not since he is not a citizen?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . Yes htere is a process and extensive forms oyu need ot complete ot sponsor him for a green card including a petition for alien relative, adjustment of status application, affidavit of support, travel permit and work authorization. Consult an attorney to assist you.

2. Anne Elizabeth Ohlrich

Pro

2

Answered . There is a process and it's truly best if you touch base with a qualified immigration attorney about your case. They will be able to answer your questions on his current status as well as advise you the best path to proceed following your marriage.
    All the best,

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . It's not clear from your question, but, based on what you wrote, perhaps your boyfriend has Temporary Protected Status (TPS). If that is the case, then he might need a waiver of inadmissibility.

You really need to consult with an immigration attorney about your case, in order to have the best chance of success, and to avoid problems that you might not be aware of.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . There is a process and much depends on your boyfriend's status. You should consult with an attorney to determine the best course of action for the two of you.

5. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . I agree with attorney Carlin.