I been waiting two years for some type of mortgage modification. but with no results, now I've received notice for trial.

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

is this the end of the case. according to the judge's order all necessary papers and names of expert witnesses are to filed 15 days before trial date. which is may 10. now with this info does my lawyer know if can win or lose. also is still time to make deal with bank.

1. Natalie F Guerra-Valdes

5

Answered . If you already have a lawyer, I suggest that you meet with him/her regarding your case and have them answer any questions you may have. If you don't have a lawyer, I recommend that you retain one. In Miami, old cases are getting set for trial and judges are rarely granting continuances.

Natalie Guerra-Valdes
    (954)764-7878
    nvaldes@valdeslawfirmpa.com
    www.valdeslawfirmpa.com

2. Andrew Jarrett Sky

2

Answered . If you have an attorney assisting you with the case, please contact him/her for answers to your questions.

3. Michael Patrick Fuino

Answered . A notice of trial signals the end of many pro-se foreclosure defendants cases if only because these individuals are unfamiliar with trial practice. Trials involve complex intersections of procedural, substantive, and evidentiary law and are therefore not something to take lightly. An objection made too soon or too late is waived; an argument made too fast or too slow loses its force. Therefore, I suggest you contact a foreclosure defense attorney who has trial experience immediately to find out what options are available to you.

Michael P. Fuino, Esq.
    Associate, Matthew D. Weidner, P.A.
    (727) 894-3159
    mfuino@mattweidnerlaw.com
    www.weidnerlaw.com

4. Cheryl Rivera Smith

Answered . There is no way to answer the last question, but please consult with a local lawyer as soon as possible.