I been waiting two years for some type of mortgage modification. but with no results, now I've received notice for trial.

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Foreclosure Real estate

is this the end of the case. according to the judge's order all necessary papers and names of expert witnesses are to filed 15 days before trial date. which is may 10. now with this info does my lawyer know if can win or lose. also is still time to make deal with bank.

If you already have a lawyer, I suggest that you meet with him/her regarding your case and have them answer any questions you may have. If you don't have a lawyer, I recommend that you retain one. In Miami, old cases are getting set for trial and judges are rarely granting continuances.

Natalie Guerra-Valdes
(954)764-7878
nvaldes@valdeslawfirmpa.com
www.valdeslawfirmpa.com

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state.

There is no way to answer the last question, but please consult with a local lawyer as soon as possible.

If you have an attorney assisting you with the case, please contact him/her for answers to your questions.

This information is for educational purposes only and is not to be relied upon as legal advice, legal opinion or as a complete answer/information to/for this discussion. You should always seek competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your area for help with your specific legal question. No attorney - client relationship is created, intended or should be construed upon from this general discussion. For a free consultation, you may contact me at (305) 320-4LAW.

A notice of trial signals the end of many pro-se foreclosure defendants cases if only because these individuals are unfamiliar with trial practice. Trials involve complex intersections of procedural, substantive, and evidentiary law and are therefore not something to take lightly. An objection made too soon or too late is waived; an argument made too fast or too slow loses its force. Therefore, I suggest you contact a foreclosure defense attorney who has trial experience immediately to find out what options are available to you.

Michael P. Fuino, Esq.
Associate, Matthew D. Weidner, P.A.
(727) 894-3159
mfuino@mattweidnerlaw.com
www.weidnerlaw.com

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed, in any way, as the acceptance of representation and the creation of an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship shall exist unless and until a retainer agreement has been signed by Matthew D. Weidner, P..A. and countersigned by the prospective client.