I been waiting almost 5 months for a letter from USCIS For immigration.

Moreno Valley, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

i receive a letter from them AUGUST 7 2013 that they accepted and my question are what can i do i been waiting almost 5 months to see if they send me another letter but i wanna work and go to school and my plans where to apply for the student action that gives you 2 years and u can work and have an ID but they told be if im merry to apply for petition that would be better then the student action so im hoping to know if i have to wait more or what can i do because i wanna work and go to school and right now i can't do much because i need to wait for the next step.

You can continue waiting, make inquiries or hire an immigration attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

but do u know how long this process takes because if its long time i rather just apply for Deferred Action because that was my intention in the begginig but im merry now they told be it would be better if i did the petition. but i have 5 months already and still waiting.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

When you formulate your thoughts in a way that it could be understood what you applied for and what letter you have been waiting for, I will try to answer your question. Until then, good bye.

i apply for 1-130 petition and i got the letter from them in august 7 2013 it was in process but i haven't receive any other letter from them and i already have 5 months.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Filed I-130 does not stand in your way of applying for DACA and it does not give you any immediate benefit so you better apply for DACA and as soon as possible.

ok that was my concern about applying because i though it would affect 1-130 because im applying for residents in USA and applying for Deferred Action would give 2 years so i can just go to collage and work so thats what i been asking myself all this time.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You forgot to say " thank you" and mark my answer as best. Thank you in advance.

thank you i was not finish waiting for ur answer back and thank you im gonna go and apply for thats and hope everything goes well thank you again .

Consult with an immigration attorney directly. Tell him or her what you have filed to get the conversation started.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

i did already an they just told be to wait if this is gonna take long time like i just rather apply for the action program to get at least two years because i want work and start school and i can't do any of those because i need id

Not sure what you applied for. if you applied for DACA it is taking about 5-6 months.

hi i apply for the 1-130 petition since august 7 13 i receive the letter it was in process now i have 5 months but i haven't got any other letters and my concert is that i wanna go to school an work but i can't so my intention at fist where to apply for the Deferred Action for 2 years agreement but i got merry they told be to apply for 1-130 petition so i can get my visa and work social. since now im merry to USA citizen .

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

The I130 is taking about 6 months. To work you would have had to file an adjustment application and work authorization as well.

ok thank you.

Unfortunately you do not provide enough details on the type of application that you filed to know the average processing time right now. Many applications filed with the USCIS take longer than 5 months, so this could be normal. You should either make inquiries directly to the USCIS, or hire an attorney to make inquiries on your behalf, especially if the processing is "beyond normal."

Recommended articles about Immigration