I BEEN ON WORKERS COMP FOR 6 MONTHS AND NOW IM BACK TO WORK. CAN I STILL SEE MY DOCTORS

I was released to go back to work 2 weeks ago from my doctor because workers comp stopped paying me and said i missed to many appointments for my physical therapy , but it was putting me thru way to much pain.. well my doctor released me , because i asked him to or i was going to be homeless.. im back at work with out restrictions and its very painful my legs ache and my back.. i hurt my back at work 6 months ago was why i was on comp, but now its hurting in my legs... the question is ... can i do anything now, whats my options can i see my doctor or what.

Berkley, MI -

Bret A. Schnitzer

Bret A. Schnitzer

Personal Injury Lawyer - Lincoln Park, MI

You can return for treatment as long as the condition is related to work. Whether you missed appointments or not does not prohibit you from further treatment. If you are back to work, but need further medical treatment they still need to give it to you. If they don't you need to file a workman compensation petition.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.
Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Chicago, IL

Your mistake was not hiring an experienced WC attorney at the beginning. When PT is too painful, you need to immediately advise the ordering physician and ask whether the order should be modified or whether the level of pain you are experiencing is normal. If you had done that, you would not have had any benefits suspended and you would not have been desperate to RTW prematurely. You need the direction of a doctor you can trust and then a competent attorney who can assure you get that care.

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

What do you want? You are entitled to treatment, but you did not attend. You asked to be released to work, but you do not want to work. What solution are you looking for here?

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.