I been here since age 4, i have permant residence, i want to apply for citizenship, but i have 9 criminal convictions

Houston, TX |

at one time in my life i was on drugs, homeless, was in a bad relationship , ect.. can u please help me with this matter?

1. you will need to obtain certified copies of all nine criminal convictions and then consult with an immigration attorney on your options. Much better chance for a succccessful citizenship application if the convictions are more than five years old and you have good strong evidence of your rehabilitation. You also need to make sure that nione of these or the combination make you subject to removal.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. I commend you on planning for your future, but make sure you consult with a qualified attorney about this. Filing for citizenship with the history you describe may cause detention and removal.

Former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 Irvine, CA 92612. Email: info@khurgel.com Office: (949) 509-6515 Direct: (949) 535-6331 Fax: (949) 509-6599. Kindly note that this blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is simply an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. My colleagues are correct. Get certified copies of every piece of paper in your court files and make an appointment to talk to an attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Education law topics