I been charged with conspiracy by the feds and three people signed on me that i dont even know.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Cabot, AR

my lawyer i done paid $10,000 to suggest i take a plea bargain. what do you suggest? its hard for me to take a plea bargain when i havent done anything

Additional information

they dont have anything on me except people snitching to help themselves. i wasnt even arrested like others involved. there is no video or recordings of anything on me. my family and i dont feel my lawyer is trying. and what worries me going to trial is possibility of more time from what i have been told

Attorney answers (3)

  1. NiaLena Caravasos

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . What you need to do is speak with your lawyer and sit down and review all of the evidence against you in order to see the strength of the government's case. If 3 people are cooperating against you, one of the many things to look at would be whether their information corroborates one another and also whether their information is corroborated by other evidence (i.e. wiretaps, video surveillance, etc.) The answers to these questions can help in evaluating the likelihood of prevailing at trial. Deciding whether you should plead is a difficult decision that can only be made once you are fully informed about what you are facing.

    (Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship.)

  2. Darryl A. Goldberg


    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . No lawyer can answer your question without knowing many more details regarding your case including what alleged evidence the government intends to introduce against you, how they obtained the evidence, and a variety of other factors. In a general sense, the federal government does not indict defendants unless they have a solid case. If "three people signed on you," and that is the only evidence against you (that is no phone records, recorded conversations etc.) then you should discuss the possibility of prevailing at trial with your lawyer. If its only a "Snitch" case, then other lawyers might feel more comfortable going to trial.

  3. Anuraag Hari Singhal

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You need to sit down with your lawyer and go over the case with him. He will need to explain to you the basis for the charges, how the Federal Sentencing Guidelines work and what you are being asked to do. I am assuming you have hired an experienced criminal defense lawyer and there is simply a communication problem. If you are still not satisfied after that meeting with your lawyer, feel free to contact me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,237 answers this week

2,916 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,237 answers this week

2,916 attorneys answering