I became a US citizen over a year ago, my son who is 10 yrs old was entered ilegally when he was born. How can I legalize him?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cabo Rojo, PR

I need to know what procedure I need to do to legalize my son in the US. My husband, his step father, entered him illegaly to the us when he was born. After that I became a US citizen but my son is still ilegal here. I need to know what I can do.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Given that your marriage was entered into before your son was 18 , your husband can petition and even adopt him. Immediately seek the services of a co percent immigration lawyer in your area.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . Provisional waiver, or vi-vat a new reform bill when and if it becomes the law. Seek out an immigration attorney for a comprehensive plan of action.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . By petitioning him and having him process for an immigrant visa abroad before his 18th birthday

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

1

Answered . There are different steps to his application. First, an I-130 will have to be filed with USCIS. Once that is approved, his file will be transferred to the National Visa Center to collect additional documents and prepare his file for the interview. Since your son came to the US without a visa, he'll have to go through consular processing. No waiver is required because he is 10 years old and there's no unlawful presence counting against him (as long as he came in only once and never left). I strongly encourage you to consult with and retain an immigration attorney to help you with his case. Good luck.