I became a Gc holder in 2003 at the age of 13 via my father who naturalized in 2002 two days ago I went for my naturalizatition

Asked over 1 year ago - Parlin, NJ

Interview passed the test but the officer told me that I might already be a citizen and that she needed to speak to her supervisor when she came back out she told me they needed more time to make a decision I'm worried to why they need more time some one help hat should I do I have a trip in may I need a passport. She kept my Gc and passport

1. Maurice N Ross

Pro

3

Answered . You need to retain immigration counsel to straighten this out for you. It is very odd that they took your passport and Green Card.

2. Eric M. Mark

Pro

3

Answered . I do not understand why they took your green card and passport. That is very strange. You need to hire a lawyer to contact them on your behalf and find out what's going on. It is highly unlikely you will receive a decision prior to May without a lawyer's assistance. Even with a lawyer's assistance, there is no guarantee you get a decision by May. The most important thing is that you get the right decision, and a lawyer can help you with that.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney near you. Under Section 320 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. Section 1431, it appears that you may well have become a U.S. Citizen already. It is odd that the USCIS official kept your passport. An experienced immigration attorney near you should be able to help you to sort this out. Good luck to you.