I backed my girl friends car into mine who is liable ?

Des Moines, IA |

I backed my girl friends car into mine in my drive way .Who is liable for the repairs?

1. You are. The only thing she did wrong was have a boy friend who is both a bad driver and insensitive. Even if she were partially at fault if you want to keep the relationship, pay for the repairs.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

2. You are. Who else could be? Her? Because it was her car you backed into your own? I hope this is one of those questions that pranksters post. If not, no question here. You are.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.