I awas accused of 'Disturbing the peace'.

Scottsdale, AZ |

Witness and GF told police: I drive around 'every night' beeping my horn between 10pm and 11pm. He followed me to my parking space in a condo complex, 900 neighbors, no police reports on file. I was in my home watching TV. Police asked me at 11pm, if I was driving this evening. I said 'yes', worked all day and went to Redbox to return a movie about 6:30-7pm. Should I fight this charge?

Do not immediately plead guilty to the charge. You should have a lawyer examine the evidence and compare it to the legal definitions of the crime with which you are charged. The lawyer can determine whether there are any issues worth fighting over and if not then they may be able to negotiate you a better outcome.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

You should have a lawyer examine the evidence?? How do i know if the lawayer is experience and truthful? Is his Website a good way? What is your opinion?

If you want to potentially get the case dismissed, be acquitted, or at least minimize the impact/effect, then "yes." You should not have a criminal record if you can avoid it. Consult/retain a qualified, aggressive attorney and go from there.

Should you fight the charge? Did you drive around in your vehicle between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. on any night beeping your horn? Where are you alleged to have driven while beeping your horn - at your girlfriend's house, at the witnesses house? What does the police report say about what happened? Did you tell the police that you went to Redbox to return a movie about 6:30 - 7 p.m. but were otherwise at home? If that is the case how did the officer follow you to your parking space in the condo complex - when did he do this?

There are a number of issues raised by your question all of which may have a bearing on whether you should fight the charge and how succesful you might be. Depending on the answers you may wish to consult with a criminal defense attorney.

This information is provided for general informational purposes and is not intended as legal advice. An attorney licensed in your jurisdiction can answer questions specific to your specific fact situation and provide you appropriate advice as necessary based on the specific facts of your matter and the jurisdiction in which you reside.

1. Never, most evenings watch TV in bed by 10pm. 2. His GF not mine, my condo parking lot. 3. P. RPT. witness observed a 'grey' car, I own a blue car. 4. yes 5. at home watching TV, getting ready for bed, police, knocked on my door, I opened it.

If you want to have a chance and you did not do it ---then of course, fight the case! It is your only chance. Contact a lawyer.

Aaron M. Black
Criminal & DUI Defense Attorney
Martindale AV® Preeminent™ Lawyer
2012 Southwest SuperLawyer Rising Star
AVVO 10/10 Superb Lawyer

Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC
3219 East Camelback Road #573
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Office #: 480-729-1683
Email: aaron@aaronblacklaw.com
www.aaronblacklaw.com