I awas accused of 'Disturbing the peace'.

Asked about 2 years ago - Scottsdale, AZ

Witness and GF told police: I drive around 'every night' beeping my horn between 10pm and 11pm. He followed me to my parking space in a condo complex, 900 neighbors, no police reports on file. I was in my home watching TV. Police asked me at 11pm, if I was driving this evening. I said 'yes', worked all day and went to Redbox to return a movie about 6:30-7pm. Should I fight this charge?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. C. Andrew Campbell

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Should you fight the charge? Did you drive around in your vehicle between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. on any night beeping your horn? Where are you alleged to have driven while beeping your horn - at your girlfriend's house, at the witnesses house? What does the police report say about what happened? Did you tell the police that you went to Redbox to return a movie about 6:30 - 7 p.m. but were otherwise at home? If that is the case how did the officer follow you to your parking space in the condo complex - when did he do this?

    There are a number of issues raised by your question all of which may have a bearing on whether you should fight the charge and how succesful you might be. Depending on the answers you may wish to consult with a criminal defense attorney.

    This information is provided for general informational purposes and is not intended as legal advice. An attorney... more
  2. Craig S Orent


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If you want to potentially get the case dismissed, be acquitted, or at least minimize the impact/effect, then "yes." You should not have a criminal record if you can avoid it. Consult/retain a qualified, aggressive attorney and go from there.

  3. Aaron Michael Black


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If you want to have a chance and you did not do it ---then of course, fight the case! It is your only chance. Contact a lawyer.

    Aaron M. Black
    Criminal & DUI Defense Attorney
    Martindale AV® Preeminent™ Lawyer
    2012 Southwest SuperLawyer Rising Star
    AVVO 10/10 Superb Lawyer

    Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC
    3219 East Camelback Road #573
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    Office #: 480-729-1683
    Email: aaron@aaronblacklaw.com

  4. Eric J Trabin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Do not immediately plead guilty to the charge. You should have a lawyer examine the evidence and compare it to the legal definitions of the crime with which you are charged. The lawyer can determine whether there are any issues worth fighting over and if not then they may be able to negotiate you a better outcome.

    This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,872 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,872 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering