I asked my lawyer how to sell drugs without getting caught and he said he can report it to the police if I ask him again can he?

Filed under: Drug related crimes

Yes. Criminal activity isn't protected by the attorney-client privilege.

Actually a funny headline of script for "SNL", you should send to them. Are you kidding or had nothing better to do than to post such self incriminating statement.

You are lucky that your attorney warned you, best to follow his/her recommendation.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended mor entered into and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients nor reprints them. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights regarding your case or matter.

A lawyer cannot advise you to commit a crime or how to commit a crime so you shouldn't ask that question in any event.

So you are thinking about just asking him again for what? It is illegal. You don't really care- so what difference does it make?

Your attempt at being ironic falls far short of the mark. That is, if it was such an attempt. If this is a sincere appeal to this panel of professionals, I suggest you stay as far away from illicit behavior as possible. As they used to say, you just don't have the chops for it. Stay on the straight and narrow.

To quote Jim Capaldi and Steve Winwood, "Please don't be sad if it was a straight mind you had/we wouldn't have known you all these years." Straight mind = good thing. Slinging dope = 5 -10 in the State Pen. Think about it, or not.

We are serious lawyers for the seriously injured. I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO FAULT HANDBOOK. The opinions expressed in this answer are not legal advice. These opinions are thoughts based on New York practice. We have no attorney-client relationship. Conducting a conversation with me through the avvo comments section does not create an attorney-client relationship. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance.