Skip to main content

I ask my PD to appeal my VOP hearing and he did not is that grounds for ineffective assistance of counsel?

Middletown, DE |

Judge told me I had the right to appeal the case in 30days my PD told the Judge dont worry he will send me all the information I needed. But never sent anything I also call over 10 times and left voice msgs requesting the info and never recieved anything. Also My PD told me at the time of signing my plea that it was a misdemor ]. then the judge tells me its a felnoy. I want to know if I could get sentence over turned for ineffective assistance of counsel or atleast a lawsuit.

Attorney Answers 2


Your situation might call for a collateral review petition, depending on state procedural law. You should consult an attorney who is familiar with Delaware criminal post-conviction practice.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Contact an attorney, and ask more questions.

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics