Skip to main content

I arrived to the US 3 months ago as a refuge I need any advice to save My family ( Iraqi Refugees) in Syria

El Cajon, CA |

They Fled Iraq to Syria 2 years ago and registered with the UNHCR and their last interview in the IOM was on June,13,2011, and from that time they are waiting for the DHS interview whereas the bad security situation in syria has deferred the entering of the DHS to Syria and thus by their resettlement process is on hold until they interviewed by DHS and USCIS, now my family are facing again the same suffering, explosions and threatens that they had in Iraq.. I need your advice how can I Save them? can I file an I-730 ? how and to where should I go?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Actually a refugee organization should help you do an affidavit of relationship to get them admitted as refugees, Alternatively, do an I-730.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.



Thank you Mr. Stephan for your answer. I live in San Diego, How can I do an I-730. ? to whom would I send it?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman


Check the form instructions at USCIS.GOV.


I agree with Atty Berman.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer