I applied N-400 and no oath letter received yet.

San Francisco, CA |

I took interview about 2 months ago. and i haven't received my oath letter yet. But my brother got oath letter about one month ago.

I also visited INFOPASS (one month ago) and IO told me that i have to wait because they are scheduling que now. USCIS says wait all the times.

If i write a letter to Senator/congressmen then, do they go over whole application? or do they help to make scheduled for oath letter only?

Don't do anything for 120 days from the day of the interview. After that schedule infopass. If nothing happens ask your local legislator to write a letter. If nothing happens for a month after that schedule another infopass. If nothing happens file a mandamus action. I am sure something will happen before you resort to the mandamus action for which you will need a lawyer. Infopass and dealing with your senator or congressman can be handled by you without a lawyer.

Relax. The USCIS is a large organization and has considerable backlogs.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Writing to your Congressman would be a wast of time. While I understand that you are anxious, two months is not a long period in immigration processing. Every office works at a different pace and each jurisiction has its own schedule of oath ceremonies.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration