I applied my F1 on Nov 1 2012 got RFE and replied RFE on FEB 2013 still pending.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Akron, OH

I came to US on 7 May 2006 on H1B. I went out of US for 7 months and my H1B got expired on 12 Dec 2012 after claiming 7 months. I have approved labor for may 2012 and applied I 140 and I140 got denied applied for MTR. I applied H1B to F1 on 1 Nov 2012 got RFE on 02 Feb 2013.I replied RFE on Feb22 and case shows still pending at USICS. My I 140 got approved on April 1 2013 and my employer told me that your actual H1B will expire on 12 Dec 2012 but we revoked your H1B on 01 Dec 2012, so that you can you come back on H1B claiming that 12 days. My last working day with my company was 01 Dec 2012 and was going to college full time. So what is my next step. Can I go again on H1B with that 12 days with approved I140 and F1 pending? I don't have any paystubs currently. How should I proceed.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . not until you are in a valid status,

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should go over this situation with your attorney. If you do not have one you should retain on one. Times need to be calculated and your status needs to be reviewed.

    If you have H-1B time remaining it may be possible to re capture and it may be possible to extend your H-1B.

    Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is not uncommon for a case to remain pending for a long time even after submitting a response to the RFE. The situation described in your question requires thorough analysis. Without reviewing your entire file, it would be difficult to provide an adequate answer. I would recommend consulting with an immigration lawyer.

    Rajesh Prasad Attorney at Law Parikh & Prasad Law Group 5861 Pine Avenue, Suite B Chino Hills, CA 91709... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

H-1B speciality occupation visa

If you have special skills and the right experience, you might be eligible for a H-1B visa if there is a shortage of qualified workers.

Sweta Khandelwal

H-1B Cap 2016

This video shall explain everything that one needs to know about H-1B visas and the H-1B Cap. H-1B Visas are visas that are available for positions that are referred to "Specialty... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,720 answers this week

3,670 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,720 answers this week

3,670 attorneys answering