I applied for the Deferred Action and got my Employment Authorization Card . I have no SSN , may i get an IL license ?

I haven't received my SSN yet , but i might be getting it soon . May i still have enough proof to obtain a driver's license in Illinois ?

Lansing, IL -

Daniel Warren Thomann

Daniel Warren Thomann

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

A SSN is not sent to you as part of DACA approval, you need to take your Employment Authorization to the Social Security office and request it.

As far as the documents required for a driver's license, please see the attached link from the Illinois Secretary of State. Good luck!

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Check with the Illinois DMV for specific requirements

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - Hoboken, NJ

Depends on the requirements set by the State of Illinois for driver's licenses. Check the Department of Motor Vehicles for Illinois. Good luck!
---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Possibly, since you can get a license in Illinois even with no status, but you may wish to get a proper license with the social security number.

Matthew Scott Kriezelman

Matthew Scott Kriezelman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

You may take your EAD to the Social Security office in order to receive a number. After you do that you should have no issues applying for a license in Illinois.