Skip to main content

I applied for OPT-EAD card in 2010 (valid for one yr, F1 status). I see an A# on it. Should I use this one to fill on I-140?

Homestead, FL |

I was on F1 status by that time. EAD card says the A# is valid for one year.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, use that A#. But, don't get freaked out if they change it later on.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Once you are issued an A number, that should be your A number for all intents and purposes.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.


Once you are issued an A# , you will need to mention that number in future filings with USCIS.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer