I applied for I-539, My DSO mentioned in her letter to USCIS that I contacted her 2 months after my arrival,will this effect me?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cockeysville, MD

Iam on B2 I applied for I-539 to change from B2 to F1 after 100 days of my arrival to the US. However in the documents which I received from the university to send to USCIS there is a supporting letter from my DSO and she mentioned when I first contacted the University which is 2 months after my arrival. My question is:
If the USCIS knew that I contacted my university 2 months after my arrival will the effect my case in a negative way? Please note that I got my I-20 and applied for I-539 about 100 days after my arrival.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

1

Answered . I dont see any problem with you contacting your school 2 months after you arrived

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . That will depend on the adjudicating officer.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . What you're not asking is whether or not immigration will accuse you of having pre-conceived intent to be a student ... even though you used a tourist visa to enter the US.

Someone probably told you about the 30/60/90 day presumption of having misrepresented intent when entering the US in one visa and then 'quickly' changing to a different visa. Right?

So ... here's the bottom line ... did you misrepresent your intentions when you entered the US? In other words,did you plan to be a student ... even though you entered as a tourist?

If so ... go meet in private with a lawyer ... he/she might be able to help you put a positive 'spin' on this misrepresentation of your true intentions.

4. John K Lassen

1

Answered . Depends, need more info

www.BulgarianImmigrationLawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630