I applied for Green card through marriage in the end of March?

Asked about 2 years ago - Renton, WA

I applied for Green card through marriage in the end of March and i already got my interview notice in the mid June within 2 months. Is it a good thing i receive my notice so fast or i should worry about it?

1. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

1

Answered . Around the Seattle area, adjustment of status through marriage to a US citizen is currently processed generally in less than six months. So, that you are scheduled for an interview in June is nothing remarkable in itself.

What you should do is prepare for the interview so that there is no question that you have a bona fide marriage and that you are issued the documents without further delays.

2. Andre R. Olivie

1

Answered . It's usually this fast for everyone.

Andre Olivie
    Seattle Immigration Lawyer
    (206) 724-1940
    www.olivielaw.com

3. Inara Khashmati

Pro

1

Answered . Why would you worry? Interview is a good thing, as long as it is a bona fide marriage. Do yourself a favor, hire an attorney to prepared you and your spouse for the interview.

good luck

4. Javier G Pineda

1

Answered . Processing times have shortened considerably in recent times. Be happy, in the not too distant past it took years. Good luck.