I applied for F-1 visa from B-2 a year ago and haven't received any answer yet. Can i reapply for college or any other visa?

Asked over 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

Please help me for that, i would really appreciate it, thanks.

1. Stuart Jonas Reich

Pro

2

1

Answered . I'm assuming that you filed an I-539 to change status to F-1 from B-2, and that this was filed before the B-2 expired.

An InfoPass appointment may be a good way to force an answer. You might also go to the office of a local Representative from your district and ask for assistance.

Then, when you figure out what is actually going on, speak with an attorney - you may have some serious difficulties depending on where this case stands now, impacting your ability to reenter if you leave.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

3

Answered . Make an info pass appointment at your local USCIS to determine what the problem is. You should not have waited this long.

3. Jon Martin Pettis

2

Answered . You should speak with an immigration lawyer. You do not want to do anything that could delay or cause problems for your pending application.

4. KiKi Maria Mosley

Pro

2

Answered . You should make an InfoPass appointment to try to determine the cause of the delay. Take all of you documentation with you and receipts from USCIS.

5. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Pro

Answered . You really can't change schools at this point, but see an attorney with the paperwork you previously filed and see what they tell you.