I applied for an I 918, U visa and I am waiting for over 3 months for the Employment Authorization

Asked over 1 year ago - Riverside, CT

USCIS over four months ago, sent me to do the finger prints, The time to received the I 765 Employment Authorization is an average of three months.
Is the reason that why it is taking so long is because the filed of the I 918 ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . You will not get the EAD for months if not years., until the U visa is approved.

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

Answered . You should check the processing times for an I-918 online at www.uscis.gov and see how long they project

3. Javier G Pineda

Answered . You are not eligible for employment authorization unless your U visa is approved. U visa advocates are trying to fix this in Congress. However, not likely to change any time soon.