I applied for an I 918, U visa and I am waiting for over 3 months for the Employment Authorization

Riverside, CT |

USCIS over four months ago, sent me to do the finger prints, The time to received the I 765 Employment Authorization is an average of three months.
Is the reason that why it is taking so long is because the filed of the I 918 ?

1. You will not get the EAD for months if not years., until the U visa is approved.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. You are not eligible for employment authorization unless your U visa is approved. U visa advocates are trying to fix this in Congress. However, not likely to change any time soon.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. You should check the processing times for an I-918 online at www.uscis.gov and see how long they project

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.