I appealed w/EEOC a dismissed EEO Complaint against my Fed Agency. Case was put on internet. Does this violate my privacy rights

Asked over 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

The initial Complaint was filed against my Federal employer. The case was dismissed without any remediation so, at the advice of HR staff within the Agency, I filed an appeal with the EEOC. The Commission dismissed the appeal, however, they posted the case with my name in it to the Internet. I only found this out after "googling" my name - this case came up at the top of my query. I understood that this complaint should have been left anonymous? Does this violate my Privacy Rights as a Federal employee or US Citizen? I am concerned that future employers, etc., can see this information. Kind Regards.

1. David C. Holmes

1

1

Answered . Once you took the matter to the EEOC, it became a public proceeding. The EEOC has issued Privacy Act regulations that exempt certain records. It appears that the record involving your appeal would fall within the exemption.

http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/foia/1611.cfm

2. Arinderjit Dhali

Pro

Answered . No rights were violated in the present instance. Once you file a lawsuit, even as in here an administrative one w/the EEOC, its public knowledge. You do not have a cause of action.