Skip to main content

I and my husband plan to have a child thru surrogate woman in Vietnam. Can we bring our child to USA after borned ?

San Jose, CA |

I and my husband would like to have a surrogate child thru an IVF in Vietnam ? After baby borned , can we bring him or her to USA ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The laws of adopting a child born of a surrogate mother are very complex in California. I cannot speak to the relevant laws in Vietnam. I have changed your question to indicate the focus on adoption law, since many adoption attorneys are more familiar with these questions.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.


Adoption laws are very complicated and have many layers. Not all immigration attorneys are engaged in this practice. You need very specific experience to do that. For initial information please visit Seek out an immigration attorney with that specific experience and make a consultation. You will save yourself A LOT OF HASSLE later on.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues. Work with an immigration attorney who has experience in this area of law

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


This area of law is emerging and changing. You'll almost certainly want to get several opinions before you go forward any further...

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer