I an an Insurance Agent, and I feel vulnerable to sign any contract presented by the Insurance company.

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

I had bad experience, and I think I needed help from an attorney to look at contracts before and after I sign a contract. I had bad experience about contract signing, and I need an attorney to look at it to see if I have a case against the previous insurance company because they would not pay any commission, they continued to send me letter to tell me what to do to scare me out after the contract was terminated for no good cause. I felt like I was harassed.

1. Mark D. Siegel

Pro

3

Answered . First, see an attorney before, not after, you sign a contract.

Regarding the prior employer, any lawyer would need to see the contract(s) involved as well as the correspondence. Without any background, it is very difficult to advise you about the prior employment situation.

Yes, you should contact a lawyer before signing a contract with the new company.

2. Katie Lee Dearing

Pro

1

Answered . If you have any questions about signing a new contract or about the provisions in a contract, you should consult with a lawyer before you sign it. I agree with the post above regarding your prior employer - a lawyer will need to review the contract with the prior company to determine if you have a claim against them for breaching that contract. Feel free to contact me to discuss your concerns.

3. Leonore M. Greller

1

Answered . You should ask an attorney to review the contracts, but as I indicated to you in a previous answer to your question, the first contract stated termination for cause or no cause, and the commission was not yet due because the check was postdated and you were terminated before the date the check became due. Call your local bar association and ask for a referral. Many associations have lists of referral lawyers offering free consultations.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Did you have a question? Sounds like you already know what you need to do, so.... do it!