I am worried when you get a loan and they sue you do they pull the refrences in on it

Opp, AL |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

i need help please

1. Not references. They can go after people who co-signed.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

2. Your references will not be sued unless they cosign on the loan.

If you are dealing with a pay day loan or title loan, these places will often violate the law by harassing your references and threatening them.

If this is happening, get with a consumer rights lawyer here in Alabama to find out your options.

Best wishes

John Watts
    Birmingham, Alabama

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. I am only licensed in Alabama and no information is intended to be legal advice. Instead, it is simply general education information to help encourage you to speak with a licensed lawyer in your state.

3. I think you are asking if they will call your references and that will clue the references in on whether you are late on your payment. They might call the references asking for you. You can review the FDCPA which I will add as a link and that might answer some of your questions about what debt collectors can do. There are damages available if they violate these laws. Of course if you are worried about them as co signors as the other attorneys stated they would have liability as well. Now you may want to file a debtor court because you are getting behind on your bills. Have you considered that as a solution?

There are many factors that can affect how best to handle this matter and the best advise is usually to hire an attorney immediately. Unfortunately the advice above is a guess that is based on very scanty facts. Circumstances of all sorts can change the ultimate answer you need. If you want to know how best to handle the situation, make an appointment with an attorney and get good solid advise based on more exact facts. The money spent might give you the peace of mind you need. The information provided is not intended as legal advice that can be relied on in part because we do not have the entire the situation. No Attorney/Client relationship is intended, implied or created. We are a debt relief agency and we help people file for relief under the bankruptcy laws.