I am worried when you get a loan and they sue you do they pull the refrences in on it

Asked over 1 year ago - Opp, AL

i need help please

1. Randy William Ferguson

2

Answered . Not references. They can go after people who co-signed.

2. John Griffin Watts

Pro

2

Answered . Your references will not be sued unless they cosign on the loan.

If you are dealing with a pay day loan or title loan, these places will often violate the law by harassing your references and threatening them.

If this is happening, get with a consumer rights lawyer here in Alabama to find out your options.

Best wishes

John Watts
    Birmingham, Alabama

3. Lois R Beasley-Carlisle

Pro

Answered . I think you are asking if they will call your references and that will clue the references in on whether you are late on your payment. They might call the references asking for you. You can review the FDCPA which I will add as a link and that might answer some of your questions about what debt collectors can do. There are damages available if they violate these laws. Of course if you are worried about them as co signors as the other attorneys stated they would have liability as well. Now you may want to file a debtor court because you are getting behind on your bills. Have you considered that as a solution?