I am working with my employer on H1B and he is paying an annual salary which is almost equal to the minimum wage of the state

Charlotte, NC |

I am working with my employer on H1B and he is paying an annual salary which is almost equal to the minimum wage of the state as per my profile.My employer has promised to give bonus to me which will be around 40% of my annual gross salary.Can my employer disburse the bonus amount on a monthly basis (say 40% of the monthly salary) and can there be any legal issues associated with it?

1. How do you qualify for H1B at minimum wage? Of course he can pay you the bonus monthly, the question is will he? Sounds to me like he will not.

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.