Skip to main content

I am working with Company A on H1. Company B has filied my H1 & it approved but now I am not able to join company B.

Jackson, MI |

I am working with Company A on H1. Company B has filied my H1 & it approved but now I am not able to join company B. I got offer from company C. Can I file my H1 with company C? CompanyB is not giving me copy of approved petition. I am having copy of I-797 C notice of action that they got at the time of application filed up with USCIS. Is there any way can I got the approval copy of employer B?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If an attorney filed the petition, that attorney is also your attorney and is required to provide you with copies of your file, including the approval notice, unless the attorney and you have satisfied the strict requirements for limiting his or her duties to you. If the attorney is not cooperating, contact the state bar association for help.

If there was no attorney, you need to work this out with the employer or obtain legal counsel.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.


If you are working for Comp A you can transfer your H1 to Comp C. If you never worked for Comp B you dont need their H1.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.


If you are still in valid status with A, then yes, C can file.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You could move to employer C. Hopefully, you and your prospective new employer would retain an immigration lawyer for the work. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer