Skip to main content

I am working in the US on L1 till Mid Jul 2013. L1 - H1 COS is in process. Can I apply for a B2 (Visitor)?

Jersey City, NJ |

I would like to visit few places in the US before I leave. While in the US, I do not want to loose the opportunity in case H1B is not approved. Please let me know if this is possible and will it affect my H1B processing.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    You should be able to apply.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

  2. Yes, you can apply for a COS to B-2 for the interim. Must well document it, with a date certain return ticket , funds to support your stay, etc. and etc. if you want it to get approved.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. You can apply for a visitors visa.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. The USCIS should decide your CO to H-1B first. If it is approved, you should then withdraw your application for COS to B-1/B-2. You should set an appointment with the lawyer doing the H-1B COS to discuss this.

  5. You can, but leaving US while COS is in process will render that one abandoned.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics