I am wondering if most people that are convicted of driving without an interlock device receive jail sentences.

Westminster, CO |

Drove a car just to parallel park it for a friend. Witness saw me bump the car behind me , look for damage, which there was none, and I didn't leave a note. Witness called in license and I admitted guilt to detective. I will plead guilty to the DA. I am asking if most people who plead guilty to this end up with a jail sentence or not. Can you give me a general idea of the percentage at all?

1. Unlikely that you will get jail time on a first offense. But it is contingent upon a lot of variables. The judge, the DA, the jurisdiction, your driving history, whether you are still on probation, etc.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

2. Mr. Orr is absolutely correct. This also seems like a duplicate post of an earlier question.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

3. Unlikely, yet entirely possible under certain aggravation in a criminal case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com