I am wondering if i need an advocate for injury sustained in an accident i was riding a motorcycle and i was hit by an suv

Asked over 1 year ago - Alto, NM

the insurance claims adjuster is trying to settle the case with 3000 dollars i am asking for 5000 plus medical bills paid

1. George Costas Andriotis

10

Answered . Though it appears you are doing a fine job on your own I strongly suggest you consult a personal injury attorney before making any further decisions as you may be selling yourself short on injuries that you may be dealing with for a lifetime. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Mark John Caruso

Pro

8

Answered . If you let me know the amount of your medical bills, then I can give you a more definitive answer. In NM we try to get three times the medical bills plus lost wages/earnings plus permanent injury. You need to verify that there are no subrogations or amounts due in reimbursement back to the health insurance or government health that may have paid your bills. You need to inquire from the adjuster as to who is paying the bills. It is always better if he gives you a larger check including the medical bills than for him to pay the bills directly. Sometimes you can get reductions on the bills, and it is better for you to get the reduction than the adjuster. Give me a call at (505) 883-5000 if I can help you. Mark Caruso

3. Andrew Daniel Myers

9

Answered . You do realize that when you sign the release the claim is over and there is no "going back" later should you discover the need for additional treatment. There are many reasons to retain an experienced personal injury to optimize your case, here are ten of them: [Click Blue Link Below]

4. Stephen D Aarons

7

Answered . Even though the accident/personal injury lawyer will get 1/3rd of the recovery, he is likely to demand 15-20k for this type of case.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

8

Answered . For such a nominal difference, no reason you two shouldn't be able to compromise. Understand that a settled case is settled for ever. Consider a consultation with local and qualified counsel. Good luck.

Pro

8

Answered . Never deal with an insurance company without a lawyer, as they typically offer 1/10th of the true value of a claim.

7. Matthew C Simon

Pro

7

Answered . Get copies of the accident report, your medical records, and all correspondence with the insurance company, and bring them to a local personal injury attorney who offers a free consultation. Get an attorney to get you maximum compensation. Good luck.

8. Richard H. Wooster

6

Answered . Yes, you need an attorney. How many of these cases have you settled before? How many of these cases has the insurance claims adjuster settled? Do you think the attorney might be in a better position than you to evaluate the value of your case ?

9. Theodore Charles Levy

Pro

6

Answered . Never go at it alone. Insurance companies will frequently low-ball you prior to a suit being filed. This is especially true when you are dealing with the insurance company without an attorney. If liability is clear, your medical bills are just the tip of the iceberg and you are owed damages for your pain and suffering caused by your injuries.

10. William Ralph Levinson

5

Answered . Hi: absolutely, any lawyer who does personal injury will do. There are three important reasons why. 1st I don't know what you do for a living but the insurance adjuster you will be negotiating with is a professional and you will be at a substantial disadvantage negotiating with him, next they may never offer you what you case is worth and a lawyers trump card is we can file a lawsuit and finally and perhaps most important you probably have no idea how to determine the amount of money they should pay you. Hope this helps, 253-854-7440 Kent Wa, best, bill

11. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

4

Answered . You should consult with a local attorney before dealing with the insurance claims adjuster. There are many talented and qualified attorneys to help you and advocate for your rights. Best of luck.