I am wondering if I, along with several of my co-workers have been discriminated against because of our age?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oklahoma City, OK

Recently the company we work for lost their U.S. Government DOD contract. The company that was awarded the contract interviewed everyone that is currently working on the contract. This is an 8A company. There are twelve people that were interviewed. We were told that some of us would be hired by this company and the remainder would be hired by another company that was a sub-contractor. Of the twelve four of us remain to be hired by the sub-contractor. We are all over 60 years of age. Only one person that was hired by the 8A company is over 60. One of us who is over 60 and was not hired by the 8A company was told that they were going to hire the 'cream of the crop', which he took to mean that they were looking ahead 5 years in an effort to ensure that they could get the contract again.

1. Victor R. Wandres

Pro

Answered . Possibly. Were the other under 40? You should call an experienced discrimination law attorney as they will likely give you a free consultation and take the case on a contingency basis if they see liability.