I am wondering how often the H1-B Visas become available? Is it once per year or twice per year?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mcdonough, GA

I heard a rumour from a prospective employer that the H1-B visas become available in April and October of every year.. Is that true?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . Employers apply in April. Workers start their jobs in October.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . No. While employers can start sending their H-1B petitions in every year starting on April 1st, those beneficiaries whose petitions are approved can only begin working on October 1 of each year, the beginning of the government's new fiscal year.

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

3

Answered . Not true. It is the H-2B visas that are allocated such taht one half of the quota is available durig the frst half of the fiscal year from October to March and the other half is available from April to September.