I am willing to hire a lawyer for post conviction relief because my citizenship application was denied and my public defender

Asked 8 months ago - Seattle, WA

said I should not have any problem being a U.S citizen. The case took place in 2000, in the Seattle/Kent. I live in the Spokane area now. I was not given any advice about immigration implications, I had an interpreter at the time. Please contact me and I will explain in detail. I had a lawyer when filing the n 336 (now I know it was pointless) and she said they are wrong and I have two options: to hire criminal lawyer for post conviction relief or take it to federal court...I have 120 days to do so.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . A criminal lawyer to "collaterally" attack your conviction is what you need. You do, however, need to do the legwork yourself and interview a few lawyers in your area to see which one you will be most comfortable working with. You will most most likely need to find a highly experienced than reputable lawyer in Seattle. Begin by dialing your state bar association and requesting a referral to a state board-certified lawyer in criminal law who specializes in post-conviction relief. You may also want to use the "find a lawyer "button here on Avvo, at the top or bottom of this page.

2. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

1

Answered . You are required to show good moral character for five years. If they are denying natz based on a 14 year old conviction, it definitely needs to be looked at. Please contact me directly. I can review it with you and recommend the best attorney for the specific issue. I know my colleagues here in seattle very well, and you need to get the best one for your issue.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . Good decision. Use the Find a Lawyer feature above.