I am wanting to divorce my illegal husband whom I have a 2 yr old daughter with. How much would a lawyer be?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hoschton, GA

I have a daughter who was born with a tumor which was remove at birth she needs regular check ups for blood work and all to make sure levels are OK and tumor isn't returning . I have asked him several times for his address he refuses to give me it and he recently moved and still wont tell me his address . . I know where he works ( illegally ) he doesn't have a ssn and he has used 2 other people names . I have committed adultery about 2 - 3 months before we actually split . I have had people tell me since he works and I don't he could get our child and since i committed adultery he could get her as well . I have also been told he couldn't get her due to his status that there wouldn't be as high of a chance of him getting her because he could flee with her

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

5

Answered . You need to sit down with a lawyer ASAP. There is no prohibition on an illegal alien receiving custody or visitation in Georgia, but a judge may certainly consider the implications of that status, as well as other factors in custody. Adultery does not normally determine custody unless it had an effect on the child.

But let me stress that your post here on the internet is public and he can read it and so can his lawyer, and it was very unwise to admit to adultery in a public posting. At this point, you need to stay quiet online, and see a lawyer ASAP to protect your rights and represent you properly.