Skip to main content

I am waiting from 5 months after my husbands interview in march they ask more proof of sponsorship which we provided in 24 hrs

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

How long it will take an administration process just to verify a sponsors financial ability i made more than what a sponsoror needs, since march we are very very depress its been more than a year we are apart due to personal reasons i can't go to canada and he tried to come they don't let him enter US. Plz some one help me to get my husband soon here with his family plz plz what should i do it looks like all doors are close and every single moment is getting harder to be with out him. I do not have any money to get a lawyer to help me out to get my husband home.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    As you may correctly realize the above situation has become complex without an immigration attorney making inquiries and facilitating your case. In my opinion, legal inquiries have a much more efficiently positive impact on any given case and its timelines than inquiries made by the parties themselves.
    What you are trying to achieve, however, requires assistance by a professional counsel.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  2. This problem does not look resolvable without the intervention of a lawyer. They are only accountable to legal inquiries; they don't otherwise give a d..n about any unrepresened applicant.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. I take it the interview was overseas. If this was a fiance visa, you need to request the visa be revalidated. Otherwise you need to follow up with the embassy.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  4. Although you say that you do not have any money to get a lawyer to help you, I encourage you to really consider how important it is to you to get your husband here to the US. With all due respect, you may need to rearrange your priorities and truly try to come up with some funds to get an experienced attorney to assist you. Without more facts, it is hard to say for certain, but it sounds like there are either some complications with your husband's case (hence, it is taking the government a long-time to decide whether they want to grant or deny his application), or the case is simply stuck for one reason or another. An experienced immigration attorney will be able to help you determine what is going on and be able to ensure that your case is back on track. If you do not invest in getting an experienced attorney to help you, you may run the risk of receiving a denial and the costs of dealing with that will be far greater than having spent money to help at this stage of the process. I wish you good luck!

    FOR CONSULTATION on IMMIGRATION or FAMILY LAW MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of Jennifer L. Bennett, 312.972.7969,, 3806 W. Irving Park Road, Suite B, Chicago, IL 60618. The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice specific to your situation and/or case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo are only general in nature; specific answers require knowledge of all facts.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics