I am voluntarily going into sober living, and am voluntarily wearing a SCRAM bracelet..what am I looking at?

Newport Beach, CA |

as far as punishment? My lawyer told me with a high BAC, it was necessary. I also got evading arrest or something... Just curious as to what kind of sentencing will I be looking at? Trying to hang in here..thanks

failed to mention, I have 2 others in different states, that were mentioned in the report. There was no accident

Is this a first offense or do you have priors? Were you in an accident? Was anyone hurt? There's more to any case than just the charges against you.

The person in the best position to answer these questions is the lawyer you hired and are paying good money to answer them.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

I'm so sorry, failed to mention this is my 3rd dui. No one hurt, no accident..the others are both out of state but mentioned in the police report

Joseph Briscoe Dane

Joseph Briscoe Dane

Again - questions for the attorney you hired... Can they prove the out of state priors? How many? If you're convicted of a third DUI within 10 years, there is a mandatory 120 days in jail. Yes, that can be converted to something else, but they key word is "can." Will they? That depends on the facts of your case, the recency of your priors and (good for you) what you do between the arrest and the resolution of your case such as rehab. I can tell you that in OC, they often push for much more than the mandatory 120, especially with the high BA and the evading. You really need to run this all by your lawyer.

You should ask your own lawyer. But as a general rule, in Orange Co. you are looking at at least 120 days for a third DUI within 10 years.

DS Criminal Law Group
515 South Flower Street
36th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
213-289-9400

First you have an attorney and you should be directing your questions to your attorney. If there is some reason you are not getting these answers or you do not feel you will get them from your attorney then what are you paying your attorney for. It appears that you are looking at a 3rd DUI as well as possible other charges. It is not uncommon to get offers in the range of 270 days just for the DUI charge.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.