I am victimised and in Removal Proceeding

Asked about 2 years ago - Santa Clara, CA

I am a victim of a sham university that was shut down last year and hence I was kept on removal proceedings as I was found to be working without a permit. But as per my knowledge I was working in Walmart legally as they did a check on me before the hiring process. Currently I am assisting the Federals with the case against the University and therefore the proceeding has been temporarily withheld. I would like to know if there is any way I could get a reinstatement. I do not know if it counts for blackmail but I was forced to take admission in the aforementioned University as the Head threatened to terminate my sevis (which would have put me out of status) if not enrolled with them. Though I wanted to transfer to another university after finding out that it was not a good one, I could not.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Consult with a lawyer in your area to help you assess your eligibility for a U visa (victim of certain crime and willing to assist law enforcement).

    Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street,... more
  2. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It sounds like you will have to eventually return home. Sorry.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with attorney Madrid-Crost

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,862 answers this week

3,001 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,862 answers this week

3,001 attorneys answering