I am victim of spousal abuse for 17 years including severe beating. i want divorce and justice served.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

i am victim of spousal abuse for 17 years including severe beating. i want divorce and justice served.

1. Alexis Ann Kern

3

Answered . If you are financially able, I suggest that you contact a family law attorney in your area to help you immediately. If you can't afford an attorney, consider calling the Texas Wesleyan Law Clinic in Fort Worth. They often accept divorce cases for victims of domestic violence who meet their low-income requirements. Also, seek assistance for domestic violence victims from the Lena Pope Home or Safe Haven at the links below. I hope you are able to establish a safe situation for yourself soon!

2. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

1

Answered . First and foremost you need to get some sort of protection, be it at a victims advocate shelter or through a victims advocate program. You also need to get legal assistance to put in place a domestic violence restraining order. If you can NOT afford an attorney to do this, your court will have legal assistance in completing these forms and having your husband served. I strongly recommend you do this forthwith as nobody should be having to go through what you describe.

Once you get the protective orders, you can then seek counsel about the divorce process. If you can not afford counsel, then there are legal aid societies, law school clinics and/or students interning at family law attorneys offices, and churches, synagogues and other places of worship whom can offer assistance. I will be praying that you get out of this horrible situation and hope you find this response HELPFUL.

3. Ashley Anne Digiulio

Pro

1

Answered . Call the police if the abuse is still happening.
    Make notes about all incidents of abuse, and call an attorney.
    Start here: http://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%...
    Good luck!