I AM VERY LOW ON MONEY MY HUSBAND ENTERED ILLEGALLY 6 YEARS AGO NOW HIS PARENTS ARE VERY SICK. CAN I DO THE PROCESS BY MYSELF?

Asked over 1 year ago - Upland, CA

CAN I DO IT WITHOUT A LAWYER? WE HAVE KIDS AND ARE LEGALLY MARRIED. HE HAS NEVER HAD ANY VIOLATIONS OTHER THAN BEING HERE ILEGALLY. I KNOW THE NEW PROVISIONAL WAIVER PASSED I PRINTED THE SHEETS NOW I AM JUST WONDERING IF I CAN DO IT ALONE AND HOW LONG WOULD HE HAVE TO LEAVE AFTER THIS LAW THAT JUST PASSED MARCH 4TH 2013

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . I do not recommend that you file for a provisional waiver without an attorney.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

2

Answered . Based on what you have described I do believe you will need an attorney to help you with the wavier process and advise you on how it will impact your situation. I would be concerned that you don't really understand the implications of what you are trying to do without the advice of an attorney.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Being in the US 'illegally' is a BIG DEAL.

Also, if you can't afford a lawyer .... not even the tiny fee charged by non-profit agencies ... then you probably won't be able to get him a greencard ... you need to demonstrate $19,000++ of income to be able to sponsor him ... or get a co-sponsor ... who might also be able to help you pay for an attorney.

4. Gloria Cardenas Conn

Pro

1

Answered . Waivers are submitted without lawyers but often times they are not approved because you must demonstrate extreme hardship to you if your husband is denied his green card. The form is just part of the waiver. What is very important to know is if your husband is even eligible to file for the waiver. Much depends on this immigration record. This should not be overlooked. Also, you can only file a waiver after an I-130 Petition is filed. I recommend an attorney for this process because there are many things that non-lawyers do not know and much of the time, the case will take longer with unnecessary delays.

This advise does not create an attorney-client relationship.